Summer Job OpportunityJennifer
Position: Project Administration Officer – CSJ
Joy Type: full-time (12 weeks)
Hourly Wage: $18.00
Location: Corner Brook, NL
Tasks and Responsibilities: Reporting to the business development manager, the project administration officer will help co-ordinate and plan the 2023 cruise season. The successful candidate will:
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the cruise program at the Port of Corner Brook including the cruise welcome program, shuttle bus service, tour operations, security, and health and safety protocols.
- Supervise staff and the overall operations during cruise ship visits.
- Monitor and provide regular updates to the Corporation’s social media channels.
- Assemble data and prepare special reports, manuals, and correspondence.
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures.
- Complete other administrative duties including but not limited to data entry, answering phones, scheduling meetings, organizing files, and addressing general inquiries.
Position Requirement: The ideal candidate is an indigenous youth, currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution studying business, marketing or a similar program. The requirements of this position also include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and stakeholder engagement.
- Proficient in MS Office and various social media platforms, and familiar with website content management systems such as WordPress.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Supervisory experience, working with volunteers and/or marketing experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to complete assignments with minimal direction.
Eligibility: This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program. The successful candidate must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the grant.
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Valid Social Insurance Number
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
How to Apply: Applicates must email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is Friday, May 19 at 4:30 pm.