Job Opportunity at the Port of Corner BrookJennifer
Cruise Marketing Coordinator
Job Type: full-time, permanent
Location: Corner Brook, NL
Due to the Port of Corner Brook’s significant business growth, there is an immediate need to expand the team. The Corner Brook Port Corporation (CBPC) is seeking a dynamic and motivated Cruise Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Business Development Manager (BDM), the ideal candidate will play a crucial role in supporting the planning, execution, and analysis of the cruise line of business. This role requires an outgoing person who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, communicate clearly, and contribute to the growth of the port’s cruise business.
- oversee the planning and coordinating of cruise-related events and attending trade shows and exhibitions to showcase our offerings and engage with cruise lines, while enhancing the Corporation’s profile.
- Represent CBPC on various industry boards and committees and participates in meetings.
- establish good working relationships with cruise line executives, ship agents, itinerary planners, reservation agents, and tour operators.
- oversee the hiring and training of annual cruise staff and manage operations during cruise ship visits.
- prepare and give PowerPoint presentations and write reports including funding proposals, annual reports, marketing report, etc.
- identify potential partnerships and promotional opportunities to enhance the visibility of our cruise offerings and expand our reach.
- manage the port’s social media accounts, creating and scheduling posts, monitoring engagement, and responding to comments and messages.
- create compelling and engaging content for cruise marketing materials, including brochures, website content, and social media posts.
- assist BDM with tasks related to the industrial and real estate lines of business, such as tracking cargo statistics and other reporting.
- perform other duties including but not limited to data entry, answering phones, scheduling meetings, and addressing general inquiries.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, preferably in the travel or hospitality industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and content management systems.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, capable of multitasking and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of cruise industry and tourism are a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to travel and participate in events as needed.
CBPC is an independent and community-based organization that provides high-quality ocean transportation and distribution services through strategic partnerships. Its vision is to create economic value by connecting Western Newfoundland globally through tourism and trade. The Corporation achieves this through its three lines of business: industrial port operations, real estate, and cruise tourism.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to submit your application in person, by mail or email. CBPC is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We strive to create a culture of inclusivity where individuals feel comfortable and empowered to contribute their unique talents and skills to our team.
Please enclose a cover letter, resume and two references.
Deadline to apply: August 15, 2023 by 12:00pm